China Adoption Dossiers
The following states or territories are serviced by the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles: California, Arizona, New Mexico, Hawaii, and the Pacific Islands. The Consulate will only authenticate documents with State Seals from the Secretary of State and the Lt. Governor of Hawaii.
Your first step is to get your document/s state sealed by the Secretary of State or Lt. Governor for Hawaii (separate page attached). Birth and marriage certificates must also be State Sealed by the Secretary of State (separate page attached) before being submitted to the Consulate in Los Angeles. Red Tape Solution provides courier service to the California Secretary of State in Los Angeles. Details can be found by clicking on Authentications.
For California documents, we can courier your document/s to the CA Sercretary of State or you may send your document/s already state sealed/authenticated. When sending your documents always send them by a trackable service such as, Fed Ex, Express Mail, or UPS.
Document Authentication Fees and Information:
- Courier fees are:
- minimum of: $75 (total not per document) for up to 5 documents;
- $105 (total not per document) from 6 to 10;
- $135 (total not per document) for 11 or more documents.
- There is an additional charge of $15 for the next business day service.
Please include the following in your package:
- Original document/s. Each document must be state sealed by the Secretary of State or the Lt. Governor for Hawaii. A separate state page is attached.
- A full copy of each of your original document/s (document, state seal page, etc.). If there is any writing or stamps on the back of the document, a copy of the back is required. DO NOT unstaple any of the documents. Copies are a requirement of the Consulate and will not be returned.
- A letter from your Hague/CCCWA approved agency assisting with your Chinese adoption is required with a brief statement, such as; (Agency name)______________ is the placing agency (adoptive parents' names)___________________ for their Chinese Adoption. The letter must be on the Agency's letter head. A faxed or email copy is accepted.
- Copy of the Agency's current Hague Certificate.
- Optional: The home study notary may state the number of pages in the home study including any additional pages added to the home study (agency lic., Social Work lic., etc.). The number of home study pages and any additional attached documents may be handwritten on the notary page under the notary's signature. For example, Home Study 12 pages, Agency License 1 page, Social Worker License 1 page.
- A copy of the passport informational and signature page/s for each parent.
- A cashiers check or money order made payable to the Chinese Consulate. For your convenience, you may prefer to add the Consulate fee to the Red Tape Solution check below. You may pay with a personal or business check, credit card, or by PayPal. An additonal 3.5% is charged to cover the PayPal service fee.
Payment by PayPal is accepted. We will send you a PayPal invoice. An additonal 3.5% is charged to cover the PayPal service fee.
Prepaid return airbill (Fed Ex, Express Mail, UPS, etc.). If you are sending your package by UPS, please put yourself as the sender and recipient.
Please contact us prior to sending your package. Please send your package to:
- Janice Moore, 11 South D Street, Perris, CA 92570, (951) 805-3008.
- For FedEx packages only: Janice Moore, 554 South Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90071, (951) 805-3008.
- It is advisable to send your package by a trackable means (Fed Ex, UPS, Express mail, etc).
*All Government fees are subject to change without prior notice. The Consulate reserves the right to not issue a visa.